|If you hire a charter bus, you can also get a driver to drive the vehicle throughout the trip. This makes to save a lot of hassles and risks as the drivers are usually experienced.
One of the first things you should do is to get an idea of how many people will be going, the dates you will be traveling and how long you will need the charter bus. Once you have this schedule ready to start your search by looking locally first. Check out the bus charter service that are in your local area and business associates and ask friends for their recommendations on good companies to use. This gives you a good starting point for the company with the best fit.
Businesses offering charter tour bus services must follow the FMCSA's vehicle regulations to maximize customer comfort and safety. The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) regulates private interstate bus transportation by setting safety standards to reduce injuries, crashes and fatalities. Private carriers must follow specific rules regarding driver qualifications, licensing, hours of service and maintenance.
These are the things that you should check before finalizing your deal,
* Make sure that you are dealing with a trip company that is properly registered.
* Make sure that the driver you are hire is experienced enough and has valid certificates and knows the itinerary.
* Make sure that the company has completed all the paperwork and has proper licenses for its rented buses.
*Make sure to check the brakes, tire pressure and oil on a monthly basis.
* Qualified inspector should replace or repair parts, transmissions, brakes, check the engines, exhaust and electrical systems. After inspection, the bus carrier must keep the records documenting bus services and maintenance.
* Make sure to ask for pictures of the bus and maintenance records to ensure proper maintenance of the buses.
Finally check the bus service records and collect all the information you gathered and compare service features, ratings, and of course, prices. Now you choose the company you like the best, finalize your plans with them and enjoy your trip.